Week of July 6
SEAFOOD BOIL & FARM DINNER
Thursday night is going to be a seafood boil. Clams, mussels, and shrimp. Oh, my! To guarantee that we have enough seafood for you, order by Wednesday morning at 10AM when we place our seafood order. We'll have some extra, but no guarantees.
Mark your calendar because we're planning a special night at Maple Shade Farm on Friday, July 31. The event will feature a delicious meal created from local ingredients, special cocktails, and farm vendors. Come for dinner or a drink, hang by the pond, play some games and support the farmers that feed you. More details coming soon.
Weather permitting, we will be seating a limited number of tables on Thursday evening when we offer our take out menu. Beer, wine, and cocktails will be available. Please follow the guidelines posted below.
If you would like to PLACE AN ORDER or get on our email list for updates, send a message to JONAH@QUARTERMOONCAFE.COM. Please note that we are not open any other days and our regular menu is suspended during this time.
Pick up times
Take Out Thursday: In order to spread out customers and allow enough time for people that want to picnic outside, we will be offering pick-up from 5:00 to 8:00. If you would like to reserve a table, please email a request. Please request a pick-up time as well if you will be taking items to go. This will hopefully prevent long waits. Come to the side door of the dining room, in the restaurant driveway.
July 9 Menu: SEAFOOD GALORE!
▪ Seafood Boil — Clams, mussels, shrimp, Catskill Food Company Bacon & Moroccan Spice Sausage, corn, potatoes, and Berry Brook organic greens. $27 per person
▪ Steamed Clams — appetizer — garlic, shallot, white wine. $15
▪ Curry Mussels — appetizer — Thai basil, red pepper, coconut milk. $13
▪ Herb Roasted Potato and Berry Brook Organic Greens — $7 pint, $12 quart
▪ Mexican Street Corn — grilled, chili aioli, queso fresco — $5 per ear
▪ Potato Salad — creamy dressing and veggies — $7 pint, $12 quart
▪ Giant Half Sour Pickle — $3
▪ Hot Smoked Steelhead Salmon — each filet weighs about 3 ounces, by the pound $20
▪ Creme Brulee — our famous dessert is back, made with CLARK FARM cream. $5
▪ Homemade Ice Cream — we have awesome flavors made with CLARK FARMS cream & milk. Check out these tasty treats —
vanilla bean, dark chocolate, roasted strawberry, coffee/cardamom, mint/Oreo cookie, coconut/lime, miso caramel/black sesame brittle, The Elvis [banana, peanut butter, and bacon], apple/bacon/granola
canoli [ricotta, cherry, pistachio, chocolate], saffron/vanilla
▪ Ramp Pesto — 8 oz — $8.75
▪ Ramp Pickles — 4 oz — $5
▪ Fermented Jalapeno and Ramp Hot Sauce — 2 oz — $5
▪ Habanero and Beer Hot Sauce — 2 oz — $5
COCKTAILS TO GO
All of our batched cocktails are very strong. That's why we'll send you home with a 10 pound bag of ice if you request it as well — make sure to request it when you order. We have lots of wine and beer which will be available as well.
Meyer Lemon Vodka Gimlet
Organic Rain Vodka, Meyer Lemon Juice, Thyme
$30 pt [6 drinks], $55 qt [12 drinks]
In honor of the not-to-be-run Kentucky Derby, we're doing high octane mint juleps. Just add crushed ice.
$45 quart [10 drinks], $25 pint [5 drinks]
Watermelon Mezcal Margarita
[if you don't like smoke, we can do the drink with tequila instead of mezcal]
$38 quart [5 drinks]
The Dude's White Russian
Vodka, coffee liquor, CLARK FARM'S HALF AND HALF. Perfect dessert.
$30 quart [6 drinks]
Nuts & Berries
Vodka, blackberry, hazlenut, CLARK FARM'S HALF AND HALF.
$30 quart [6 drinks]
Whiskey Ginger Snap
Whiskey, ginger juice, thyme lemonade
$30 quart [6 drinks]
20 pound bag of ice $5
BEEF & MEAT
We have a whole grass-fed steer coming from Slope Farms this week. It will be ready to pick up on Friday, so you'll have your meat to grill on the 4th. If you have a group, why not get a whole pork shoulder to smoke, grill, or roast? They average about 10 pounds and are frozen, so we'd be happy to start one thawing for you.
To help you celebrate the 4th, we're offering the following discounts on our sausages:
- over $50, 3% OFF
- over $100, 5% OFF
- over $250, 10% OFF
Click here for a full list of beef, pork, and sausage items.
Email your orders now to email@example.com.
If you plan to eat at one of our tables after picking up food, please follow these directions.
- Wear mask at all times other than while at your table.
- Order food at order window.
- If your table is available, go to table and wait for food. If your table is not available, wait at appropriate distance.
- When food is ready, you will be called and you can pick up at window.
- Please enjoy your meal, but be aware that others might be waiting for a table.
- When finished please dispose of all items in garbage.
- We will be serving everything in disposable materials. If you would like to eat or drink from real china, glassware, and flatware, please bring your own.
- Bathrooms. Go before you go! Sorry, but our restrooms are off limits still. Take care of business before you come for your food. We are working on arrangements to open our facilities.
The Quarter Moon Cafe will be closed indefinitely due to the our current pandemic. We will be offering prepared foods through Good Cheap Food, next door. We will be preparing things like Smoked Brisket, Smoked Chickens, and Pulled Pork. They will be available warm on the day they are made or in the cooler case the day after. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates for each week's offerings. You can also sign up for our email list to get updates. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the email list.
If you have any ideas of ways we can help you through these trying times, please send them over.
You can now order your food online and schedule a particular time to pick up! Give us at least 30 minutes to get your dinner ready.
Place online orders here.